In every industry there are good and bad practitioners. Everyone has heard of the bad doctor, lawyer, etc. Anyone can claim to be a psychic. As a consumer you have to decide for yourself where to spend your money. My first choice is always someone who genuinely believes in what they are doing, someone who wants to help people, and someone who has a positive attitude about their competitors. These criteria apply to any field. Just because you are at this site, does not mean that you will have a reading with me. That’s ok, I hope you enjoy the site! It is not about sales pressure here. There are some amazing people out there doing this work but it can be hard to figure out who they are.
First rule is always to follow your own instinct! If you are a thinker and do not understand how that first rule is useful, here are some tips for you.
There may be a problem when:
1. The psychic tells you not to discuss your reading with anyone. You are not allowed to record your reading. There are two possibilities here. First, they could tell everyone the same thing and do not want you comparing sessions with someone else. The second possibility is that they are looking to scam, may want to set you up for big money, and do not want you to have proof of what they said.
2. The psychic charges extra for psychic ability like clairvoyance. Intuitive abilities are always active within a true reader and cannot be turned off.
3. The psychic stops to read to you from a how-to manual. I have seen this happen at Psychic Fairs! Remember that you have the right to leave a session if you are unhappy with the level of service.
4. The psychic claims 99% accuracy (or any other percentage). Ask the reader how they arrive at that number. Most times they are just made up. No proper follow up or study has been done.
5. The psychic is “The Master of All.” Taking one class does not make you a master. Palmistry, Numerology, Astrology, Reiki, etc. can all take lifetimes to learn properly. Beware the “Jack of all trades.”
6. The “Giant Reading” which covers five or six different types of tools in 20 minutes is not necessarily more for your money. It takes time to effectively work with those tools and you may miss the message if you get too carried away skipping from tool to tool.
Be aware of the following to help guide your decision:
1. Go with your own instinct. Just because your friend has chosen a particular psychic doesn’t mean you should choose the same one.
2. Anyone can put whatever they want on a website, in a pamphlet or on a sign. Each psychic is an independent contractor at a psychic fair and they alone decide what does and does not go on their signs and in flyers. There is no trade association or regulatory commission.
3. Don’t be forced into sitting down for a reading until you are ready. It’s okay to say, “I’m just looking thanks.”
4. Sit and listen. A good psychic does not want to know about your life, they just want you to listen. The more you tell them, the less effective they are. Wait until you are comfortable with the reader before going into a lot of detail or avoid it completely.
5. When you book a session do not give out your last name, why do they need it? Without your last name you can’t be googled. If you are booking for a group, this is especially true.
6. When searching online take the time to read their website to get a feel for who the intuitive is, as a person or teacher.
DO NOT EVER PAY HUNDREDS OR EVEN THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR CURSES, THE REMOVAL OF CURSES OR SPELLS.
DO NOT PAY TO HAVE YOUR KARMA CLEARED OR TO HAVE AN OLD LOVE COME BACK INTO YOUR LIFE.
DO NOT BE SCAMMED!!! YOU CANNOT PAY SOMEONE TO DO YOUR SOUL WORK FOR YOU!!!
Remember to let your inner-self guide you. Trust your own intuition to help you choose which reader is the right one for you. By doing so, you will be assuring yourself that you are getting the reading and information that you need the most.